Hilarious! Do You Know The Most Popular Words Of The 2016?
Every year a lot of people go to online dictionaries to check the meaning of one or another word they run across or they argued about with a friend. The thing is that those words are rather common and many people check them during the year. The more searched a word the more popular that word becomes. That simple.
By this time of the year we can have a glimpse of the most searched words by English speaker people and you can check if you are in this group of if you already know this words. It is a long list bur here you have a top 10 of the most common words and some extra comments.
- Pretentious: trying to appear or sound more important or clever than you are. how to differentiate if a person is being pretentious or just being a jerk? A dictionary might come helpful.
- Ubiquitous seeming to be everywhere. Just like some people.
- Cynical believing that people are only interested in themselves and are not sincere. A fancy word for any random twit pants.
- Conundrum a problem that is difficult to deal with. It refers only to things no to people. People probably picked it up from the Big Bang Theory Show.
- Love Sometimes it is so hard to find that we have to look it up in a dictionary to see what it is exactly.
- Apathetic showing no interest or energy and unwilling to take action, especially over something important. Anyone before their cup of coffee or a random Friday before leaving work.
- Ambiguous having or expressing more than one possible meaning, sometimes intentionally
- Integrity the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles that you refuse to change. Just a word in the dictionary.
- Phubbing. the habit of snubbing someone in favour of a mobile phone. Yes! now you have a name to call that thing I am always arguing about.
- Glass ceiling a point after which you cannot go any further. Some jobs o relationships as well.